Our community newspaper has a long history and is respected as a trusted participant in the local area and as a source of relevant and interesting news. You can benefit from this goodwill with your advertising support.
- Why advertise locally? Your ad will be seen by locals - And people prefer to buy locally if they can - it saves them time and money, and strengthens their sense of community.
- Locals: your target market? With a print run of 13,400 and growing, the Beacon potentially reaches more than 35,000 people in the wider Blockhouse Bay area, including parts of Green Bay and New Lynn, Glenavon, New Windsor and Lynfield (scroll down for map). We work hard to provide relevant content for a wide demographic.
- Remind people you are there - Visibility and consistency are KEY strategic cornerstones for marketing, and it builds trust in your brand over time.
- Why we recommend advertising 6 months or more - Trust takes time. It's that simple. When people see your ad in their trusted local community paper, that trust is 'loaned' to you, the advertiser. Over time your continued presence becomes that brand that people go to first when they are in need of your services - because your presence has been consistent, and consistency is part of the trust equation.
- But wait, there's more! The Beacon is actively reaching out digitally via the web and social media. We offer free online subscriptions to the Beacon, and reward subscribers by delivering to their inbox a couple of days ahead of the letterbox delivery. Over subsequent weeks we also share each article as a post on Facebook, and to relevant Facebook groups in and around our local area. This leverages the reach of your ad by exposing it to a whole new audience.
- Got an idea for a regular column? As a business owner you are most likely an expert in your field. Perhaps you should consider sharing some of that expertise with our readers. Contact Kerrie to discuss whether this is an option for you.
- New business? Talk to Kerrie about our Business Profile Package - a 4-issue campaign comprising a full page advertorial followed by three 1/6 adverts. Includes interview and photos (ad design extra).
- Don't get left behind. We are passionate about succeeding in both print and the ever-changing digital marketplace.
We care about you and your business (yes, really!) and have loads of creative and flexible solutions for marketing your business. Perhaps you have an idea we haven't thought of yet! So contact Kerrie now to discuss your personalised advertising campaign and let us help you find your voice!
For all you need to know about advertising with us, download our media kit.
Distribution fast facts:
Total distribution: 13,400.
Estimated readership 35,000.
Delivered by hand to 12,825 households
Pick up a copy from:
Libraries: Blockhouse Bay, New Lynn, Avondale
Community centres: Blockhouse Bay, Green Bay, Avondale
RSAs: New Lynn, Avondale
YMCA at Lynfield Recreation Centre
We also deliver to cafes, waiting rooms and retirement villages, both inside and outside the area.
If you are in our delivery area but not receiving your copy, we 'd like to hear from you. Kindly contact email@example.com and let us know.
Kerrie sends out a monthly reminder of the impending deadline for each issue. To stay connected, subscribe below:
What people are saying:
Val, Secretary BHB Ladies Probus Club: Thank you for continuing to include our details in 'What's Happening' each month - it is obviously being read because we receive membership enquiries from time to time.
Ross: Having seen the latest copy of the Beacon and how the editorial has come out, including its length, I am full of praise and extremely grateful to you and John for your kindness and generosity. You have certainly done a very professional job with what you have created and I salute you.
Gordon: I congratulate you on the outstanding publication the Beacon has now become – surely streets ahead of anything else around!
Eric: The most interesting local news I have ever read. It drew me to the website - first time since we arrived in the Bay in early '80s.
Rosemary: Wow John and Kerrie this is awesome, always liked the old one but this is so much better. Especially being able to see it online and in colour, Great job well done.
Norma: I need the print copy for my very elderly mother who lives with us. Thank you.
Rachel: Mum was wondering if Powley house is going to get it delivered? [Yes, they do!]
Rachel: Awesome, I just checked out the online edition. Looks good :) Have emailed Kerrie in regards to advertising
Claire: You guys have done a fabulous job. Well done! I read it online during the weekend.
Jacqui: Great to read. Well done.
Leilani: It's a great read, thank you!
Chris: looking forward to this. Great work guys. Kia Manuia.